Back to Job listings
Front Desk Agent
The Front Desk Agent is responsible for productive, efficient and smooth day to day Front Desk operations ensuring exceptional customer service and total guest satisfaction by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests.
- Issues room key and escort instructions to Bell Person.
- Transmits and receives telephone messages.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Keeps accurate records of room availability and guests' accounts via hotel software, Opera.
- Computes bill, collects payment, and makes change for guests.
- Makes and confirms reservations in absence of Reservations Agent.
- Correctly posts charges such as room, food, liquor, telephone and gift certificates, to correct account in Opera.
- Makes restaurant, transportation, or entertainment reservation, and arranges for tours or coordinates guest needs and requests.
- Makes or retrieves non-alcoholic beverages or snacks for guests as required.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Maintains the appearance of retail store and assists in the sales of retail items.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year experience in a customer service or related position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one- on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic knowledge of Property Management Software (such as Fidelio) and Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook and be able to successfully navigate the internet.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee must frequently use hands to finger, handle or feel (repetitive motions such as typing). The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (i.e. guest luggage).
Post Date: Apr 02, 2017
Close Date: Jul 01, 2017
Department: Front Desk
Reports to: Front Desk Manager/Supervisor
Hours/Status: Full Time
Please use Chrome, Safari or Firefox to complete application.
Hotel Healdsburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use this alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment: firstname.lastname@example.org